Symptoms of Diabetes
People with Type 1 diabetes usually experience the rapid onset of extreme and urgent symptoms which includes:
Frequent urination, in children, a recurrence of bed-wetting after toilet training has been complained.
- Unusual thirst, especially for sweet and cold drinks
- Extreme hunger
- Unusual weight loss
- Extreme fatigue
- Nausea, vomiting
- Sweet smelling breath
- Children with Type 1 diabetes may also be restless, apathetic and have trouble functioning at school.
The symptoms of Type 1 diabetes may also be apparent in people with Type 2 diabetes. Additional symptoms in patients of type 2 diabetes may include:
- Frequent infections
- Cuts and bruises that are slow to heal
- Tingling/numbness in the hands or feet and
- Recurring skin, gum or bladder infections